How to fix error code 0x800F081F in Windows 10
Despite significant improvements over the past couple of years, Windows is still prone to throwing out a random error code. Earlier we looked at how to fix a critical process (Critical Process Died Stop) with error code 0x000000EF. Now it’s time to investigate the error code 0x800F081F. Let us examine what causes and how to fix this problem.
What causes error code 0x800F081F?
Error code 0x800F081F is one of four possible error codes that indicate the same problem. The other three are error code 0x800F0906, error code 0x800F0907, and error code 0x800F0922. The incompatibility of the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 causes all these error codes. Typically, they will occur when you turn on the .NET Framework, using either the installation wizard, the image maintenance and deployment management tool (DISM), or Windows PowerShell commands.
You will see these codes only on Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server version 1709, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. In these operating systems, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is not enabled by default. When you enable this feature, Windows Update attempts to capture .NET files along with other necessary files. If your computer is configured incorrectly, then you can see the codes:
- 0x800F081F: Windows could not find the .NET source files to continue the installation.Check HOW TO FIND OUT WHICH VERSIONS OF THE .NET FRAMEWORK ARE INSTALLED ON THE COMPUTER
- 0x800F0906: Windows could not download .NET source files and connect to the Internet, or install a service role or feature.
- 0x800F0907: The DISM program failed, or the network policy settings do not allow Windows to connect to the network.
- 0x800F0922: Processing of .NET installers or common commands failed.
How to fix error codes 0x800F081F, 0x800F0906, 0x800F0907 or 0x800F0922 on Windows 10
Fortunately, the ways to fix the first three error codes are the same. For error code 0x800F0922, you need to go straight to method 2.
Method 1: Configure Group Policy
Note. Group Policy Editor is available only in Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise and Education. Fortunately, there is a workaround. You can read the guidelines for accessing the Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 Home.
1. Click Windows + R, then type gpedit.msc and press Enter. The command will open the group policy editor window.
Related post : Pin the site to the taskbar or start menu in…
2. Next, go to Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> System. On the right side, scroll down a bit and find “Specify options for optional component installation and component repair.”
3. Now click on this word twice with the mouse to open the “settings”. Further in a new window you need to put a dot on “Enabled”. If the error persists
Related post : How to remove the taskbar in Windows 10
Method 2: Enable the .NET Framework using the DISM command
Note. This is the only method that will fix the error code 0x800F0922, and requires the use of the DISM command to enable the .NET Framework.
1. Before starting the main process, you first need to make sure that you have an ISO image of Windows 10. The ISO version should exactly match your current operating system. You can download Windows officially by a special tool. Download ISO image? Then let’s get started.
2. First you need to mount a newly downloaded ISO image. Open the explorer (this computer), find your downloaded ISO image and right-click on it, and select “Connect” in the menu. Thus we will create a virtual disk with Windows 10.
3. If the process was successful, you will see ISO Windopws 10 on the virtual disk by opening “This PC”. Remember the name of the drive, in my case it is G.
4. Now open the “start menu” and type in cmd search. When you see the list of results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
Related post : Fix Internet and web connection errors
5. В окне командной строки задайте следующую команду
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:G:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess и нажмите Enter.
Related post : How to view user privileges
6. After the end of the process with the command line, open “This Computer” and right-click on the virtual created disk, and select “Eject” in the menu. Thus, we will delete our previously created virtual disk with Windows 10, so as not to interfere. We don’t need it anymore. Reboot the PC and check if the error is fixed
Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
After you have successfully completed the instructions, it is time to install the .NET Framework 3.5 to fix errors 0x800F081F and related codes.
1. Click Win + R and enter appwiz.cpl.
2. Click on the left “Enable and disable components.” In the new window, find in the list NET Framework 3.5 (including .NET 2.0 and 3.0) and check the box next to it, then click OK. The installation process will take several minutes, depending on the speed of your connection. Check if the error 0x800F081F is fixed.